Book Clubs & Book Club Kits
Join us - new members are always welcome!
Senior Book Club
Share in a love of literature with fellow readers; we meet the 1st Tuesday of the month, 10:30 a.m. with some exceptions.
Senior Book Club Schedule, 2022:
- JAN 4: Dancing at the Rascal Fair; Ivan Doig (led by Connie Owen)
- FEB 1: The American Experiment: Dialogues on Dream; David Rubenstein (led by Peter Rosenberg)
- MAR 1: Soul of an Octopus; Sy Montgomery (led by Janice Harris)
- APR 5: Setsuko's Secret: Heart Mountain; Shirley Ann Hgucki (led by Gwen Mann)
- MAY 3: An Unexpected Light: Travels Afghanistan; Jason Elliot (led by Virginia Adler)
- JUNE 7: This Tender Land; William Kent Krueger (led by Dianne Fleming)
- JULY 5: Latitude; Nicholas Crane (led by Susan Dong)
- AUG 2: This Land: Cowboys, Capitalism & Corruption; Christopher Ketcham (led by Nancy Eaton)
- SEP 6: The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna Editing & the Future of the Human Race; Walter Isaacson (led by Susan Dong)
- OCT 4: American Dirt; Jeanine Cummins (led by Joy Surdam)
- NOV 1: From Scratch: Memoir Love, Sicily Finding Home; Tembi Locke (led by Dianne Fleming)
- DEC 6: Oil and Marble; Stephanie Storey (led by Janice Harris)
- JAN 3, 2023: Madame Speaker: Nancy Pelosi; Susan Page (led by Virginia Adler)
Most books are provided free by the Teton County Library Foundation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Library Book Club
Read a broad range of books, including contemporary fiction and nonfiction. Meets the 4th Monday of the month.
Library Book Club Schedule, 2022
- January 31, 2022: Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden
- February 28: Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
- March 28: Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- April 25: Mink River by Brian Doyle
- May 30: The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- June 27: Afterparties by Anthony Veasna So
Contact Leah, 307-733-2164 x3229, email@example.com for more information.
Book Club Kits
- Check-out a bag of books for your book group!
- Each bag contains a minimum of 5 books and discussion questions.
- Kits check out for 6 weeks and may be renewed if you need extra time.
- Search the catalog for "book club kit."
- Kids book club? We’ve got age-appropriate kits for you!
Jackson Book Club Kits (can be sent to Alta by request)
Alta Book Club Kits (can be sent to Jackson by request)
|Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: a Year of Food Life||Barbara Kingsolver|
|Devil in the Grove: Thurgood Marshall, the Groveland Boys, and the Dawn of a New America||Gilbert King|
|The Glass Castle: a memoir||Jeannette Walls|
|The Warmth of Other Suns: the Epic Story of America’s Great Migration||Isabelle Wilkerson|
|The Art Forger||Barbara Shapiro|
|Calico Joe||John Grisham|
|Cutting for Stone: a novel||Abraham Verghese|
|The Handmaid’s Tale||Margaret Atwood|
|Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet||Jamie Ford|
|My Sister’s Keeper: a Novel||Jodi Picoult|
|Never Fall Down: a novel||Patricia McCormick|
|A Piece of the World: a Novel||Christina Baker Kline|
|The Round House: a Novel||Louise Erdrich|
|Snow Flower and the Secret Fan: a Novel||Lisa See|
|The Son: a Novel||Philipp Meyer|
|The Thirteenth Tale||Diane Setterfield|
|To Be Sung Underwater: a novel||Tom McNeal|
|A Visit From the Goon Squad||Jennifer Egan|