ACT Test Prep & More
ACT Test Prep Course
Registration is closed.
Tuesdays, SEPT 7-28 & OCT 12-19
Ordway Auditorium B
Class 1 - Tuesday, September 7, 4:30-6pm
Class 2 - Tuesday, September 14, 4:30-6pm
Class 3 - Tuesday, September 21, 4:30-6pm
Class 4- Tuesday, September 28, 4:30-6pm
ACT Test Assessment - Tuesday, October 5, 4:30-6pm (optional date, if needed)
Class 5 - Tuesday, October 12, 4:30-6pm
Class 6- Tuesday, October 19, 4:30-6pm
Can't make the class? Here are some tips for the ACT Test:
1. Consistency is key! Set up a plan for studying and stick to it for six weeks. Studying for an hour or two each week over the course of two months will always beat cramming for a week.
2. Know what you don't know. Timing is half the battle on the ACT, so if you have no idea on a problem, learn to be okay with guessing and moving on quickly.
3. Love your calculator. There are no extra points for doing it the hard way. Avoid the careless mistakes and do any math you can on your graphing calculator.
4. Stick to the facts. Apply rules you know and find evidence from the passage in English and Reading. It is easy to project your own opinions or choose an answer that sounds good in a moment of panic. Avoid this by learning the rules you need to and finding support for your answers.
5. It's just a test. A good score on the ACT can open doors for college scholarships and admissions, but how you perform on one test in high school means very little about your intellectual ability or future success. Prepare for the test, take it seriously, and perform to the best of your ability, but don't let a disappointing score rattle you.
Make a Plan
Contact your school's counseling office for a timeline.
Explore Your Options
View The College Board’s Big Future to find guides, videos and webinars about every part of the college search and application process, including understanding college costs. Set up a profile to have the site customized to your needs.
Explore Your Interests
Find out what college is right for your by taking the US News College Personality Quiz.