Get or Renew Your Card
During our closure: we want to help you get or renew your card via phone or email!
Jackson Main Library:
MON-FRI 9:30 am-6:30 pm; SAT-SUN 1:00 pm-5:00 pm.
For Circulation and Adult Services, call 307-201-3419.
For the Youth Desk, call 307-733-2164 and press 2.
Email: email@example.com for Circulation, firstname.lastname@example.org for Adult Services and email@example.com for Youth Services.
Library cards are free for Teton County, WY residents. With your library card, you can borrow materials from our libraries in Jackson, and Alta, WY. You can also use your card at all public libraries in Wyoming.
Library cards need to be renewed every two years. If you’ve given us your email address, we will send you a reminder before your renewal date.
If you are not a Teton County, WY resident, Out-of-County Cards with the same privileges as County Cards are available for a $20 annual fee at the Front Desk.
To get or renew your library card, please bring:
- Photo I.D.
- Proof of Teton County, WY Residence
- Your Mailing Address
Bring one of the following:
- Cable TV Bill
- Car or Voter Registration
- Current Utility Bill
- Letter Stating Rental Residence on an Official Letterhead Signed by a Landlord
- Mexican Matricula Consular Card with Teton County, WY Address
- Property Tax Receipt
- Rent Receipt for at Least One Month
- Wyoming Driver’s License with Teton County, WY Address
A Wyoming driver license with a Teton County, Idaho mailing address is proof of residence.
Library Card Information
- A Wyoming driver license can be your photo I.D. and proof of residence.
- Youth library cards can be renewed by a parent or guardian with proof of physical address.
- A PIN comes with your card, it gives you great access to online services, ebooks, library-purchased databases and more.
View Youth Services Card Policies
- Ages 0 to 13: A parent must be present to get or renew a library card for their child and must provide proof of residency as described above.
- Ages 14 to 18: Teens may get or renew a library card with a Teton County School District I.D. or with a parent.
We welcome seasonal workers who are housed in Teton County, WY, with free Teton County Library cards, with alternative proofs of residency. Download this welcome packet (PDF) with an alternative form for your employer to sign.
The Educator Library Card entitles educators who teach in Teton County, Wyoming, including Alta, Wyoming, a free Teton County Library Card regardless of their personal residence. View Educator Card Policies here.
- Afterschool and Youth Summer Program Instructors
- Day Care Providers
- Home School Teachers
- Preschool Teachers
- Private School Teachers
- Public School Teachers