Toddler Time & Storytime
Tuesdays, 10, 10:30 & 11 a.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m.
We welcome children ages 3 and younger for a 20-minute Toddler Time. Enjoy age-appropriate books, songs, finger plays, flannel board acts and fun. Pick up great early literacy activities that you can use at home, too.
Thursdays,10:30 &11 a.m.
We invite kids ages 4 to 6 to join us for fun early literacy activities like stories, music, puppets, finger plays and flannel-board pieces. Librarians use weekly themes to introduce excellent read-aloud picture books and encourage the love of reading.
Friendly reminders when attending Early Literacy Programs as a Group:
- Our child at the library policy is that children under 8 years old must be supervised by someone who is at least 12 years old at all times. If you are bringing your group to Toddler or Story Time please be aware and/ or make your staff aware that they are responsible for the supervision and behavior of all the children in their care while visiting the library
- If a child in your care is causing a minor disturbance during Toddler or Story Time, like standing in front of other children attending the program or playing with program supplies, please ask them to sit back down until the program is finished
- If a child in your care is causing a major disturbance during Toddler or Story Time, like screaming or crying, please take them out until they calm down so that other children in the program are able to hear and participate
- If you come to the library and a Toddler and/ or Story Time session has already begun, please wait until the next program session starts before entering the youth auditorium where the program is happening
- Please keep in mind the appropriate ages to attend each early literacy program. Toddler Time is geared towards children age 18 months to 3 years old and Story Time is geared toward children ages 3 to 5 years old