Money Smart Week
Virtual Money Smart Week 2021
SAT , APR 10 – 17
What it is: a week-long free virtual campaign aimed at helping people better manage their personal finances with a focus on those hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Presented by the American Library Association.
This year’s line-up includes:
• SAT, APR 10 @ 10:00 a.m. CST | Talking Cents (The University of Chicago Financial Education Initiative)
• SUN, APR 11 @ 10:00 a.m. CST | Saving (FINRA Investor Education Foundation)
• MON, APR 12 @ 12:00 p.m. CST | Basic Banking (The Economic Awareness Council)
• TUE, APR 13 @ 12:30 p.m. CST | Student Loans (U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid)
• WED, APR 14 @ 1:00 p.m. CST | Fraud Protection (Internal Revenue Service)
• THUR, APR 15 @ 1:00 p.m. CST | Personal Finance (Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center)
• FRI, APR 16 @ 12:00 p.m. CST | Housing Protections + Resources (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
• SAT, APR 17 @ 10:30 a.m. CST | Budgeting (University of Wisconsin-Madison, Division of Extension)
View more details at www.moneysmartweek.org. Events are free and open to the public, but registration is advised. Questions for the panelists can be submitted during the registration process.
More Money Smart Resources from the library:
Gale Business: Entrepreneurship
- Ideal for current and prospective entrepreneurs as well as business students, this comprehensive database is your go-to resource for developing, starting, and managing a new business. Database content covers a wide range of business-related topics including accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax prep, and more. Take advantage of dynamic searching and browsing features as well as valuable reference and information management tools to get the most out of your research efforts.
Morningstar Investment Research Center
- A one-of-a-kind resource for both novice and veteran investors, this is one of the industry’s most in-depth securities databases. Complete with objective, multifaceted data and analysis on stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded products, Morningstar Investment Research Center also offers users access to a wide range of virtual learning courses and live webinars as well as monthly newsletters, advanced searching and browsing features, and capable IT support.
Gale Business Insights: Essentials
- Want efficient access to thousands of investment, brokerage, market research, and SWOT reports? Want to survey detailed company and industry profiles, interactive live charts and datasets, and other business-related content? Want to bolster your analytical and project development skills? Gale Business Insights: Essentials is here to help, a database designed to meet the needs of current business owners, investors, and market professionals as well as academic, government, private-sector, and independent researchers.
Foundation Direct Online (FDO)
- Foundation Direct Online is an indispensable resource if you work for a non-profit organization and are seeking funding for a new project or service. Utilize FDO’s intuitive search engine to survey thousands of grantmaker and grant-recipient profiles as well as detailed outlines of individual grants. Take advantage of assessment and proposal-tracking tools, detailed infographics, grantmaker directories, and a whole host of reference and advanced searching features, and navigate seamlessly with FDO’s dynamic user-interface. Plus, access thousands of digitized copies of grantmaker's 990-PF tax forms.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- LinkedIn Learning is a digital learning platform with thousands of video tutorials created by real-world industry experts. Users can take classes focused on business, the creative arts, and digital technology. Some of the most popular courses focus on data analysis and visualization, content marketing, project management, CRM and accounting software, recruitment and HR strategy, personal, small business, corporate finance, and much more. Video content is available in seven different languages including English, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Reference Solutions (from Data Axle)
- A powerful online reference and research tool providing users with instant access to accurate, in-depth information on U.S. businesses and residents, Reference Solutions makes it easier to survey new business opportunities, research executives and companies, find news articles, conduct job searches, locate addresses and phone numbers, conduct market research and much more.
And books! Here's a sampling that you can check out from the library:
- Everyday finance : economics, personal money management, and entrepreneurship
- Accounting handbook
- Quickbooks 2021 : all-in-one
- The American Bar Association legal guide for small business : everything you need to know about small business, from start-up to employment laws to financing and selling
- How money works : the facts visually explained